Pages

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #52 ~ Sketch

Hello everyone I do hope you are all having a good week? I'm sharing a card I put together over the weekend for the Paperbabe Sketch challenge and thought i'd better share it with you all before the challenge is over.. Here's my very quick How to do's..!!

This challenge is a Sketch Challenge where Kim gives a prompt along with interpretations for inspiration. I must admit I struggled thinking this one out in my head so decided to get messy and create each part then think again on how I would piece it all together.

Here's my pieces..


.. laying down my Card foundation..

1: Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress background
2: Tando Circle coloured in Caran D'Ache pastels and pencils. 
White Posca Marker dots and distressed edges using Black Soot.
3: Tando Butterfly coloured in Neocolor and Black Soot
4: Black strip of card with a Paperbabe sentiment stamped and embossed.


.. and finishing it all off with my focal feature of Little Red 
painted with water soluble pastels and pencils.


Phewwwww... I hope I got it right..?
It certainly kept my brain active and I'm quite pleased with the outcome 
apart from it needing the odd tweak here and there.
I hope you like it too..

Until next time stay safe..
Creative Hugs
Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:
Paperbabe MayLeeDee Little Red Stamp Set
Paperbabe Wish Stamp
Tando Circle/Butterfly
Caran D'Ache Neocolor Pastels/Pencils (water soluble)
Tim Holtz Distress inks Chipped Sapphire/Black Soot
Posca White Marker Pen
Black Card/Versmark/Silver embossing powder.

10 comments:

junemac2 said...

How utterly gorgeous. Loving your blog and adding to follow x

SewPaperPaint said...

Such beautiful coloring and depth in your background panels! Love! Hugs, Autumn

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much June. Happy you like my blog, it makes it even more worth it with such kind comments xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Autumn, i'm trying to keep up with blogging my makes but i'm chasing me tail at the moment. Hope you are keeping well? xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeousness on this blog love what you have done here and the colouring is fabulous.xx [aNNie]

Dorthe said...

OH ,love your gorgeous moon, it is stunning Tracey, just like seeing it some days on the sky, a masterpiece in coloring dear. And your little red, too , you make magic with those pencils and pastels , a wonderful card, or more painting. Hugs, Dorthe

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Annie, another lovely little image to colour. Glad you like it xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Dear Dorthe, I just love to colour but for me i'm not happy with the end result and think she needs a little more shade for my liking. Not too sure what to do with her yet maybe she may look good in a frame ? xx

Mia said...

What a lovely card, Tracey. It reminds me the fairytale! I love the girl and the moon. Kisses, my friend.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Mia, so glad you like my card. It's a rather dark depiction of the Fairy Tale, maybe I should have sketched the shadow of the Wolf in the Moonlight to really set the scene xx