Pages

Tuesday 18 July 2017

My Mini *Safekeeping* Book..

 Today i'm sharing a Mini book I created using an off cut of Hammer Card with a Distress Oxide/Sparkler Spray mop up background and the Beautiful You stamp set from
Rubber Dance Stamps Designed by Deborah Wainwright.

Here in lots of words and pictures is my Mini *Safekeeping* book.


Using StazOn I stamped onto clear Shrink Plastic. I've never had much success stamping onto clear as there's no tooth to it but using the Tim Holtz stamp platform really does keep the worry of it sliding around at bay. The image was coloured from the reverse side using Posca Markers. This takes some time to apply as the paint takes a while to dry so be patient if you intend to try this as you don't want to smudge it... it will dry eventually. 


Whilst the paint was drying I set about adding detail onto my 22cm by 7 cm sized off cut by machine sewing twine around the edges of what would be my mini book cover when folded. Using another off cut an insert was created with flaps to hold tiny useful things.


When the paint had dried the image was shrunken down in a pre-heated oven. 
An aperture was cut from the book cover and twine sewn around it's edge. 
This would be the window for the shrink plastic tile to peep through.


I placed the tile over the aperture and surrounded it with foam pads, this helped to level the page and also act as a cushion to protect the tile. The insert was then glued over the top and held in place with bulldog clips until the glue was completely dry. 


Sheets of folded paper are held with twine in the centre of the book cover for those little notes or lists and easily replaced when used up. Those bits and bobs that I tend to carry around with me but always fail drastically to find when needed are all now held in place.


A twine tie with some decorative Tyvek Beads help to keep it all neatly together.

My Mini *Safekeeping* Book is complete.


I've never made a mini book like this before and now folded it measures only 7cm x 11cm. 
A handy size to keep in my bag and a lot easier to find all those bits and bobs. 
I think i will definitely be making another. 
I'd like to share this with the Rubber Dance Stamps Team and join in their 

 Thank you for sharing your time with me today, 
I look forward to sharing with you all again soon.

Creative Hugs
Tracey xx

Crafty Supplies:

Rubber Dance Stamps ~ Beautiful You
StazOn ~ Jet Black
Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
Distress Oxides
Shrinkles Shrink Plastic (Clear)
Twine/Thread
Hammer Card
Tyvek
Bits and Bobs from the bottom of my bag.

20 comments:

Rubber Dance said...

Oh wow! What an amazing mini book. Thank you for using our Beautiful You stamp on your work. I love the colours and the sewing. Thank you so much for joining us in the Rubber Dance challenge. xx Susanne.

aussie aNNie said...

WOW Tracey, love this and what an amazing project. love to spend a day with you in the making.xx [aNNie]

Dorthe said...

So beautiful Tracey, I love your mop up cover background, just perfect for the lovely woman tile you created. The twine sewed onto the cover looks gorgeous, and all the bits you added with clips, makes very interesting pages!!
Such a wonderful little book to save important bits. I love creating little books, as you know, and this is lovely, as always I admire your painting , fantastic, dear.
Hugs, Dorthe xx

Bev Hilton said...

Hello lovely lady. Wow what a lovely little book you have created. Such lovely detail. Love the background and all that fab stitching looks amazing. Love it.
Hugs, Bev. xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

How wonderful Tracey! I adore the stitching over the cord. Beautiful inky washes and lovely finished project! Hugs, Autumn

Deborah Wainwright said...

Love your little book Tracey, it's fabulous! And I love how you used the stamp too. The colouring looks amazing against your gorgeous background. A beautiful project, thank you for joining in with the Challenge. Hugs Debsxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Susanne, really enjoyed making this mini book. Glad you like it xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Annie... if your every in the UK....we can do that ;) xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Dorthe you are always so kind with your words. I like it when a plan in my head pays off and considering it is made from paper I am amazed by the strength of it. I may just have the bug for these now xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Bev, I'm trying to make the most of my sewing machine at the moment as at present I don't have a designated area for it. It will be a sad day when it has to go away again :( xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you sweet Autumn, it's a great way to get a little more out of those blunt needles.. always fun when I get space to play around with my machine xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Debs, i'm so glad you approve. I loved this stamp set as soon as I saw it. I have that many ideas of how it can be used, Thank you for such a great design.. xx

Sue said...

This is amazing Tracey, so creative, clever, and beautiful all at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Rubber Dance, and have a fun week. Sue xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Sue, really happy you like it and it's always a pleasure to join in with the challenge when I can. Have a fab week too xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Stunning stunning stunning Tracey, you always do magical things with the RD stamps ;)
Hugs
Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Aww Thank you Donna, it's great when I have proper play time as the imagination can run free.. Glad you like :) xx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Absolutely gorgeous book, beautiful stamping and brilliant idea.
Thanks so much for joining us at Rubber Dance theme challenge this month.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Shilpa, I really enjoyed creating it and the stamps worked so well with the theme.. x

Kate Yetter said...

Wow! What a stunning book! The cover is so Boho,which I love!! And all those fibers and colors. Beautiful!
Kate

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very much Kate, glad you like it. I had great fun creating it and must admit I love it's Boho look as well. Thank you for your very kind comments.