Pages

Monday 31 July 2017

July Tag: Nurture Nature..

Oopps it's the last day of July and I haven't shared my July Tag using those
fabulous prompts from Chris for a mini challenge last year..
Can't believe this is now Tag number 7.
You'd think I would be able to put these together with my eyes closed now but nope,
I forgot everything putting this one together, including to photograph the stages..

Here in words and not so many pictures is my July *Personal Challenge* Tag


Using a Black Tag I painted it in Clear Gesso. 
I then completely forgot to cover with a layer of paint and then forgot to 
cover the layer I forgot with another layer of a different colour. What a donut..!!
I did remember to push Grunge Paste through a stencil and add a strip of lace 
as my collage and then cover the whole Tag in matt medium.

English Red Oxide was dragged down the tag using a dry wipe and Gold DecoArt interference paint dripped down . Stencilled layers have been applied using white Gesso and when completely dry a coating of clear Gesso applied all over.

Fern Leaves by Hobby Art have been stamped onto the tag but I couldn't help think it was all looking a little flat. I'd been here before with my very first Tag thinking it all looked a horrid mess but we were encouraged to keep going... so on I plodded.


For my main focal image I chose an unused PaperArtsy image i'd previously painted with Distress Oxides it was only when I placed this image against the Tag to see if it would fit that I realised I had not put any background colours onto my Tag.. no wonder it was looking a little flat.

So a quick wash of Peeled paint Distress Oxide was applied to mask all that black and my focal image cut out and glued onto the tag. Lots of flat back pearls, gems, sparkly doodles and a glimmer of gilding wax helped bring it to life.


I used my own handwritten words of *Nurture & Nature* added colour
coordinating twine and a dragonfly embellishment to serve as a hanger or tie.

My July Tag is complete.


I must admit the wash really did transform the background  and bring it all together and forgetting to put the coats of paint on first really did make it look a little pants.

Chris's 12 prompts are a revelation and although we had been told we could leave any prompt out anytime, i'm never forgetting one again.

Thank you for sticking with me peeps my August Tag will be shared before we know it.

Creative Hugs
Tracey xx


6 comments:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Beautiful tag Tracey, has a lovely Autumnal vibe to it :)
Hugs
Donna xx

SewPaperPaint said...

What a lovely composition with your exquisite signature background work! Hugs, Autumn

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Donna, I think the change in the weather may have helped with that. Hopefully we will get a little more of our Summer Sun before Autumn arrives xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you sweet Autumn, feel like I cheated with this one with it a little back to front but I think I got away with it :)) xx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely fabulous, you sure have a technique of your own.xx[aNNie]

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thanks Annie.. it's all helped along with a hint of sparkle and a glint of gilding wax :)) xx