Pages

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Summer Solstice Girl..

*Summer Solstice* the astronomical first day of Summer and the longest day of the year
and boy has the UK been treated to plenty of sunshine over the past week. 

Reminding me of happy times ahead with friends and family.
 I'm sharing my Summer Solstice Girl using Kim Costello's Paperbabe
Female Face stamps and templates along with stamps by Rubber Dance.

As always... in words and pictures.

Tracing around the mini face template I marked all the feature points and stamped the facial features. Skin and facial tone colours were applied using my favourite pastels.


When blended the finer details have been added using a fine Posca Marker Pen,
although I may have over exaggerated the eyelashes just a little.
The image and hair have been cut out ready to stick onto a journal background.


I glued a piece of wool around the wavy bunch hairstyle adding stamped, coloured and fussy cut Flowers by Rubber Dance stamps. By gluing the flowers onto the band it allows a little movement to her Flower Crown rather than being glued flat directly onto the hair.


As my theme was the Solstice drawing a Stonehenge style monument in my Journal 
seemed fitting with the heel stone filtering the break of dawn through it.


Smaller fussy cut Flowers have decorated my Solstice Girls bunches completing 
my project as she waits for the magic the Summer Solstice may bring.


 Cosmic!!

Thank you for sharing your time, 
Take good care of yourselves..
Creative Hugs 
Tracey xx

I'd like to enter my Summer Solstice Girl into the following challenges.

16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Wow, this is a real beauty, I love coming here as although I can't be as arty as you are I love to sit and 'study' your work.xx [aNNie]

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Annie Thank you..! I love sharing the process. It's just something I have always loved to do and it's the creativity within that takes over. The templates and stamps make it all so much easier. Everyone has there own style of ART, even those who doubt themselves create beauty.. xx

Dorthe said...

Tracey, there you see, I knew I was right :-)- you are a master in coloring ,- wow, so amazing you made her face and body color, and the eyes are wonderful.
Please no discussion here, me getting these colors, will not make me as fantastic as you, in doing this job.
Hugs, Dorthe, xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Haa haaaa ha ha!! This did make me Laugh Dorthe. One day I will show you that it really is simpler than you think but it is lovely to see that my work is appreciated by such lovely kind worded people xx

Dorthe said...

:-) have a great weekend Tracey . xx

Mia said...

I love your work, Tracey! It's gorgeous!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You too Dorthe xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

How Kind Mia, Thank you so much your comment is really appreciated :)

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Tracey. I love how much thought has gone into this and the magic and joy you feel from it. Lovely shading too!
Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance this fortnight.
Dot x

Sue said...

Tracey this is wonderful, you really have a way with colouring. I would love to be able to colour like this but I'm not prepared to put the practice time in so it will never happen lol. That's a great tip about the wool behind the flower - filed for later use ;-) Have a fab weekend, and thank for playing along with us at Rubber Dance. Sue xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you so much Dot. I find there is always something magical about having time to sit and create I hold each moment very dearly.. xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Sue, colouring is something I have always done. I never had any siblings to break, borrow or steal my pens and pencils as a child and if I didn't get a colouring book and a pack of 30 felt tips for Christmas I was a very crabby only child haa haa!! Have a great weekend... xx

Rubber Dance said...

Tracey! This is so amazing. Thanks for using our Textured Flowers stamps on this stunning art journal spread. I love the complementary colours. Thanks for joining our "Summer Holidays" challenge over at Rubber Dance. xx Susanne.

nitisartfromheart.bloggspot.no said...

This is SO beautiful, Tracey! Wonderful girl with flowers in her hair - hmmmm... that's remind me of a song ♪♪♪
Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance "Summer Holidays" Challenge.
Hugs, Anita

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You are very welcome Susanne, I always love to join in with the challenges if I have the time. Thank you for your kind comments, they mean so much to me. Really glad you like my Solstice Girl xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Haa haa I know the song Anita and it goes so well with my Solstice Girl :)) Thank you for the kindest of comments, it's a pleasure to join in with the challenges. Hugs Tracey x