Pages

Thursday 28 December 2017

Crazy Flowers Bookmarks #2

I hope you all had a great Christmas whether you celebrate or not it's always good 
to take a break and recharge those batteries even if for just a moment.

The past week has been non stop with various events for me and my family
with today being the first day to actually relax and treat myself to a Pj day
before the festivities start all over again.

Here's two more book marks made and given as gifts
which I can now share with you all.


Just like before in a previous post HERE I stamped onto Calico but this time using 
both Crazy Flowers #1 and #2 designed by Melina Dahl from Rubber Dance Stamps.
Marking with a thermo-sensitive pen the width of the bookmarks.


Colouring with inktense pencils the ink was activated with sparkler sprays.
Interfacing and lace backing was sewn onto the bookmark then heat fixed with an iron.
Setacolour Glitter paint was painted on adding extra sparkle.


Ribbon crimps and wire wrapped gems personalised the bookmarks.


I really enjoyed creating these and know they were gratefully received by the book lovers.
I'm looking forward to creating a few more in the New Year.

Time to make the most of some quiet time for me now..
Have fun everyone & Stay Safe

Creative Hugs
Tracey xx

I'd like to enter this into the Rubber Dance December Challenge

16 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh Tracey! These are the coolest! I didn't even think of using my Inktense on fabric - brilliant! So happy you had a PJ day and got some rest. Hope the holiday weekend is a load of fun. Hugs, Autumn

Astrid Maclean said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!! I saw these on Instagram already, but now I see how you actually mde them, I like them even better, what a wonderful gift!! Fabulous!!

All the best for a healthy, happy and creative 2018!!

Dorthe said...

They are wonderful, Tracey , great gifts, to give forever joy .
Oh I`m worn out , too, friend- my dear family traveled home ,and I also relax,...tomorrow ,lunch with some friends, and then new year here.
January hopefully will be slow ;-) Sending you all the best for 2018, so glad we have become friends this year . Hugs, Dorthe, xx

froebelsternchen said...

They are so unique and just WONDERFUL Tracey!
All the best for a healthy, happy and creative 2018!!
oxo Susi

Redanne said...

Wow Tracey, they are gorgeous, the inktense pencils work so beautifully on the fabric, the colours are amazing, and I love your stitched edges. I am not surprised they were well received! Wishing you all the very best for the New Year! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Autumn, I think I use my inktense more on fabric than anything else, gives a great effect. Making the most of my quiet time before the New Year Celebrations.. Wishing you a wonderful weekend too xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Astrid, I popped a pic on early in the day then had battery fail and couldn't find any chargers to power up laptop or iPad (how dependant we are on those wire!!) Happy you like my little gifts xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Dorthe, I hope the receivers think just so about them.
Christmas is a beautiful time to take in and appreciate all that is good and be Thankful for all but it can be very tiring.
It's been an absolute delight getting to know you this year Dorthe, I'm very lucky to have you as a friend. Wishing you all things wonderful for 2018 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Susi, wishing you a wonderful New Year xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very much Anne, have a fabulous New Year xx

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work!!!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you very much.

Rubber Dance said...

These are outstanding! Thank you for using our stamps in such a beautiful way! The bookmarks turned out wonderful.
Thank you so much for joining the Rubber Dance December Challenge. xx Susanne.

Sue said...

Wow Tracey, these are stunning, the colours look so vibrant! I sure your bookworms loved these xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Susanne, it's a wonderful feeling to see a creation so loved and so useful. We make so many things that it is such a shame to not create at least a handful that can be used each and every day xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Sue, the colours seemed to fit the colour scheme perfectly and with the added glitter paint.. I adore these stamp sets xx