Pages

Sunday 12 November 2017

Crazy Flower Fabric Bookmark #1

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you have had a peaceful one.

After a weekend with the family I managed to steal away a few hours to finish off 
a little project I started last week in between Christmas card and gift making
using stamps Newly Designed Rubber Dance Stamps by Melina Dahl.

Here is my Handmade Fabric Bookmark and How to do's..

On to Calico I stamped the Tulip shaped flower with Archival 
ink and used the backing from the newly mounted rubber stamps 
as a mask so I could over lay the flower head design.


When my design was stamped I added colour using Inktense Pencils
activating the ink by running a steam iron over it, spritzing occasionally.


I drew a 2" strip around the design with an erasable pen.


Sandwiching interfacing between another piece of calico I have machine 
sewn around those pen lines three times and cut the strip neatly out.

Pebeo Setacolour gold and white paints have been added to emphasize 
part of the design and Setacolour Glitter paint adds the glitz.


Attaching ribbon crimps to each end of the bookmark along with beads gives the 
balance needed to keep the bookmark in place and adds those final embellishments.

 My Handmade Bookmark is complete.


Thank you to Melina, these stamps are wonderful.

Looking forward to playing around with the rest of the set and 
Crazy Flowers #2 very soon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Warm Hugs 
Tracey xx

I'm entering this into the Rubber Dance Forever Challenge
a forever place to showcase your makes using Rubber Dance Stamps.


Crafty Supplies:

23 comments:

Dorthe said...

Yes the stamps are wonderful Tracey, and so is your book mark. Beautiful created on the calico, and with the lovely glitter paints, it looks so gorgeous. Also I love the pearls added in every end of it, to make it hang between the pages.
Very, very wonderful, dear.
Hope your Sunday has been great.
Hugs, Dorthe, xx

Mia said...

Your bookmark is absolutely perfect, Trancey. Kisses, my friend.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Thank you Dorthe, I don't usually share gifts I make like this but just wanted to show how perfect Melinas Stamps worked. Both set #1 and #2 are fabulous. Have a wonderful week Dorthe xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

<3 Thank you Mia xx

Ruth said...

Stunning bookmark! Ruth xx

Melina Dahl Minas kreativa said...

I love this bookmark so much! I’m happy you like them 😊

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

I LOVE this soooo much Tracey, you’ve really brought Melina’s designs to life. This would make a fantastic Christmas pressie don’t you think :)
Hugs
Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Ruth x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It means so much that you like it Melina, Thank you very very much. I'm looking forward to creating with these stamps for many many years to come xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Donna and you are so right (Shhhhhh they are a #WIP) hee hee!!

Bibi Lindahl said...

Oh, WOW!! Tracey - this is absolutely stunning!!! I have to try this. I have Inktense, never used them on fabric. Thank you so much for the idea and inspiration! And thanks so much for making this with our stamps and for joining our Forver challenge! (I can't see it in the linky yet... remember to upload ;)
Big Hugs! ♥

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So happy you like it Bibi, Inktense are amazing on fabric and a lot less messy than paints. You will become addicted once you have tried. I knew the Crazy Flowers would be perfect for this. Thank you for the update about the link, not too sure why it didn't upload and i'm sure I didn't dream it! All done now Thank YOU xx

Bibi Lindahl said...

Yay, it's there now :-) Wouldn't want to miss out on sharing this on with everyone. Thanks again, darlin'! I can't wait to try this!! xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

YAY.....!!!! Enjoy those inktense and fabric *A beautiful combination* xx

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, they are beautiful, and they look so good on the fabric - gorgeous!
Alison x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Aww Thanks Alison.. aint they just fab. Very very useful and I can see me using both sets for lots of different makes xx

SewPaperPaint said...

What an awesome idea! The coloring just makes this project! I really love your creative mind. Hugs, Autumn

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Autumn xx

froebelsternchen said...

This is AWESOME and a great inspiration! I have Inktense blocks and pencils and bought them for drawing on fabric but didn't yet.
Your bookmark is wonderful!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I do hope you will try them on fabric Susi, it's worth trying at least once but I think you may become addicted when you have discover how fabulous they work. Glad you like my bookmark xx

Rubber Dance said...

This is amazingly beautiful. I love how this turns out. Thank you so much for playing along in our Forever Stamping Challenge. xx Susanne.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you for popping over Susanne, i'm so happy you like it and it's a pleasure to join in with the Forever Stamping Challenge xx

Belinda said...

Oh my goodness. I want that bookmark!! Thank you for leading me here. I am going to have to give this technique a try. Thank you so much for sharing!
hugs,
Belinda #30