Pages

Sunday 29 October 2017

October Tag: Carving Time.

 Halloween it's a small step away but i'm sure many of you who celebrate will have Fancy dress party's this weekend if not already attended. Judging by the amount of fireworks around here I think my neighbours are all partied out now.

On that note i'm sharing my October Tag: Carving Time using those same prompts that
i've been bringing to you each month with the courtesy of Chris.

Here is my October Tag: Carving Time 

Covering a Tando long tag in black gesso I painted over it with Burning Bonfire
IndigoBlu paint. When dry I dragged Yellow Meringue paint across the top.
Clear 3D gloss has been pushed through a tree stencil from imagination crafts.


Short threads from my scrap stash have been applied using matt medium.
A layer of Orange Shimmer paint was painted on top with Antique Gold 
Multi Surface paint flicked on to the dry surface. 


Using the same Tree stencil I applied Black Gesso through it and covered in a coating of clear Gesso. As you may be able to see because the Black Gesso was not quite dry and it smudged the tree's but I do think it adds a little atmosphere.

Birds from Rubber Dance were stamped with archival ink.


The sweet pumpkin image was sent to me by Pat (Thank You)
and perfect for this tag. Glued to the tag I added some doodles with a Posca pen 
and enhanced the darker areas of the pumpkins with a black Biro pushing a little 
harder than normal to created an impression. 

Distress glitter and gems help to enhance the pumpkins with the Tim Holtz words 
*Carving Time * adding a sinister twist to my finished Tag.


Colour coordinating Ribbon, cord and orange beads completes my October Tag..


Apologies for the last photograph as it doesn't do those wee pumpkins justice 
but I seem to have mislaid my camera under the frenzy of my Christmas card making.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Warm Hugs & Creativity
Tracey xx

10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

So much fun and creativity on this tag Tracey. Love the pumpkin.xx [aNNie]

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

hee hee... oh yes as soon as I saw those sweet pumpkins I knew exactly what they would be used for xx

Dorthe said...

Fabulous background Tracey, wow, so magic and the pumpkins are so cute . I love how you made the noses look 3 dimentional , and your many layers on the tag, creating such spookiness to it all.
Hugs, Dorthe, xx

Fliss said...

A really fabulous tag Tracey, the background looks great and I love those pumpkins, they're adorable!
Fliss xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Oh I love this Tracey although I can’t help but feel sorry for the sweet little pumpkins re the threat of carving time!!
Hugs
Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Dorthe, I do love doing these tags using those prompts. I will miss my monthly makes when they end in December xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank you Fliss, I love those pumpkins too... With their cheeky faces :)) x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hee heee.. Thanks Donna :)) xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, scrumptious - I love the scratching texture - how cool! - and your tower of pumpkins - a brilliant Halloween tag.
Alison x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hee heee I forgot to mention the scratch with the end of a paint brush bit, typical as it usually doesn't show up hee hee!! Thank you for reminding me & for your kind comments x